Curry powder is a true staple in Indian and Southeast Asian cooking. Packed with anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric and ginger, this powder is not only good for you, it also gives your soups, stews, and curry dishes some much needed warmth and kick.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 1 /2 cup
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Line pan with parchment paper.
In bowl, combine all ingredients.
Spread mixture out on prepared pan and toast for 20 minutes on middle rack of oven.
Let cool at room temperature.
Once cool, grind mixture in batches with coffee grinder.
Strain through small fine mesh sieve into bowl to get out any chunky pieces.
Store in tightly sealed jar in cool, dark place for up to 2 months.