We care deeply about you and your privacy. Below outlines what is received and logged when you visit veggiecurean.com and how it is used. If you have any questions about the policy below, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Our log files on our secure servers store all visitors to the site, their IP address and comments. None of this can identify you directly. You can choose to use your email and identify yourself in the comments which stays in our database as comment to the post.
Based on above logs we may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• location information
• other information relevant to giveaway and offers
We use this information to improve the content of the blog as well as understand the pattern of visits and users on the site.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ is an excellent resource to understand this more. Here is an excerpt from the site and also a link on how to disable cookies.
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain websites.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies used by Google analytics in particular is really important for us to understand our visitors on the site. We use it to measure traffic at different times and places in the world. Here is more information on Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Content on our site contain links to other websites such as other bloggers, affiliates such as Amazon or other media sites such as YouTube. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
• If you want us to delete your email address from our servers, you may do so at any time by contacting us.
• Understand how can you accept, reject, or disable cookies on individual sites.
• Delete existing cookies from your computer.
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information we have unless we have prior consent or we are required by the law.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights below:
Right to Know: You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the last 12 months, including:
• Personal information we have collected about you
• The sources from which the personal information is collected
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information
• Third parties with whom we have shared your personal information
Right to Delete: You have the right to request we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
• Complete a transaction with you
• Provide you a good or service
• Perform a contract between us and you
• Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it
• Fix a big in our system
• Protect free speech rights of you and other users
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context
in which you provided it
Right to Opt Out/Do Not Use My Information: You may request that we no longer use your personal information for the aforementioned purposes. To do so, you may contact us at [email protected].
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights: To request access to or deletion of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.