I don’t mean to brag here, and I know everyone thinks their brownies are the best, but these really are just the best brownies ever. No one can ever tell that they’re vegan!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Allergens: Tree Nuts, Wheat
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped, optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat 8x8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In small bowl, stir together sugar, applesauce, and 2 tablespoons water.
Mix flaxseed meal with ½ cup water in small cup.
Add flaxseed mixture and vanilla to applesauce mixture and combine well.
In other small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using).
Add wet ingredients to flour mixture.
Stir to combine, careful to not overmix.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes for super-chewy brownies or 45-47 minutes for more cake-like brownies.
Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes then cut into squares and enjoy!