This springtime pasta just oozes fresh and crispy vegetables and herbs. I like to add peas and spinach along with lots of parsley and mint, but you can use any fresh vegetables and herbs. Just don’t forget the lemon zest and truffle oil because they add that extra spring flavor! Our household favorite is quinoa brown rice pasta because it’s light and healthy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 3-4 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 shallot (very finely diced)
- 1 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 cup Italian parsely (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons (zest and 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or arugula
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
Boil pasta in generous amount of salted water according to directions.
While pasta is cooking, prep rest of ingredients -- first, chop shallots and herbs.
Zest two lemons and measure out ¼ cup lemon juice.
Immediately drain pasta and place pasta and peas in large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
Toss in greens, add chopped shallots and herbs and lemon zest, and stir with truffle oil.