Dairy Free Coconut Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait Recipe
Dairy Free Coconut Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait Recipe
This Coconut Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait Recipe will give you a creamy yogurt treat that is guilt-free, sugar-free, and uses dairy-free yogurt. A perfect sweet treat for vegans!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Allergens: Tree Nuts
- Servings: 1
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 fresh or frozen mango (chopped)
- 2 dates (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon walnuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate kernels
- 1 teaspoon mint (chopped)
In a small bowl or glass, add ½ cup coconut milk yogurt.
Add mixed berries and layer rest of coconut yogurt on top.
Pile on mangoes, dates, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint.
Pro Tips & Meal Prep Ideas For Dairy Free Coconut Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait
- Once opened, coconut yogurt can last up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- If you plan on assembling your parfaits ahead of time, only keep them in the refrigerator for about 2 days for the best results and freshness of the fruits.
- I would suggest holding off on adding the nuts and seeds until right before consuming to ensure maximum crunchiness.
Which Dairy Free Yogurt Is the Healthiest?
Yogurts are one of the easiest snacks and breakfast foods out there. This protein-packed and metabolism-quickening food is a great addition to a balanced diet. Start your morning off with yogurt and you are set to making healthy choices all day long. It can be overwhelming because there are SO many vegan yogurt options to choose from; high in protein, low in sugar, low in calories, dairy-free, lactose-free, some with a compote, others with different flavored toppings, the varieties are endless. So how do you pick the right one? Here are a few tips that can help you navigate the yogurt section of your grocery store.
- Read the labels and look at the sugar content, even though it may say no added sugar or sugar-free there may be additives and artificial ingredients in there. The healthiest option should have little to no added sugar.
- It should be low in calories and fat which will help you stay on track with your daily calorie intake.
- Try to find something that is high in protein, this will help you stay fuller and satisfied for longer.
- Dairy-free yogurt options are plant-based, lower in fat, cholesterol and do not include lactose that can really bloat us. They tend to be low in calcium so be sure to look out for ones that have Vitamin C and added Calcium. This is one of my favorites here.
So, I would say that the varieties out there can all be healthy depending on your dietary needs; my experience tells me that keeping it simple, with limited ingredients tends to be the healthier option. I hope these tips can help you decide what will work best for you.
Why Is It Called Parfait?
Parfait in French literally means something perfect; traditionally they were served on decorative plates and have now evolved to layers in thin, tall glasses, fancy bowls, or mason jars. In America, when we make or order a parfait at a restaurant, we are expecting some type of layered dessert with several tiers of either cake, ice-cream, syrup, or fruit. This dessert is so versatile, ‘parfaits’ now have dessert friends, puddings and trifles that come with a combination of several flavors that when eaten together make the perfect marriage.
How to Make A Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait?
To wake up every single morning, make a fresh juice smoothie for family and go on a 3-mile run before the day starts. Big dreams for now! In the meantime, going to have to stick with the fruit parfaits, and there is no guilt here. A must for me is literally always having my favorite coconut vegan yogurt in the refrigerator and some type of fruit in my home. These things are so easy to whip up, here goes:
- Just add some dairy-free yogurt in a bowl or mason jar
- Start layering with some berries, and mangos.
- Top it off with your favorite crunchy topping. I throw in some chopped dates, walnuts, sunflower, pumpkin, and pomegranate seeds.
Starting off my morning with a healthy breakfast always dominos into me having a day full of making healthy choices.
Is a Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait Healthy?
Simple answer…It can be. Fruit and Dairy- Free Yogurt Parfaits can contain a lot of sugar, sugar from the yogurt, the fruit, and all the toppings. Try controlling your sugar by using a dairy-free yogurt that is plain; in this yummy parfait, the sweeteners are the dates and the fruits, so opting to use plain vegan yogurt goes well. So, your fruit and vegan yogurt parfait can be as healthy as you choose. Let me know in the comment below what your favorite parfait flavor combinations are.
Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait Nutritional Information
There are a multitude of health benefits to this Coconut Vegan Yogurt Fruit Parfait if prepared as directed. Here are a few you can gain by using the ingredients in this dish:
- Coconut Yogurt- Is a good source of fiber, low in calories, low in sodium, and is cholesterol-free.
- Coconut- Is rich in Fiber, a great source of Potassium and Magnesium. It is low in sugar and calories and has been shown to reduce blood pressure levels. It is great for workout recovery, regulates thyroid and brain function, stimulates immunity, and improves digestion. Check out some more health benefits of coconut here
- Berries- Packed with antioxidants and loaded with Vitamin C, all of which can help lower blood pressure levels, have cancer fighting properties, improve eyesight, and keep bones strong.
- Mangoes- Is a good source of Fiber, is high in minerals, antioxidants, and contains 100% of our daily Vitamin C. Can aid in weight loss, maintain a healthy heart, eliminate indigestion and acidity, can help in managing diabetes and control blood sugar levels.
- Dates- Rich in Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, is a rich source of protein and can aid in healing the digestive tract, help maintain a healthy weight, and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Walnuts- Is rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin B-complex which can aid in lubricating the digestive system, maintaining cholesterol levels, improving brain health and a healthy metabolism.
- Pumpkin Seeds- Is high in Omega-3, Zinc, and Magnesium and can help in relieving insomnia, stabilizing blood sugar levels, aid in digestion and maintain cholesterol levels.
- Sunflower Seeds- Is a good source of Fiber, Iron, Vitamin E, protein, and phosphorus. They can help in regulating cholesterol and blood sugar levels and promote a healthy immune system.
- Pomegranate Seeds- Is high in Iron, Vitamin C, and Potassium, and can improve skin quality, help fight nausea, morning sickness, and stomach aches. Is anti-inflammatory and can lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels while boosting the immune system.
- Mint leaves- Contains Vitamin A, Fiber, and Iron which can help to clear up congestion, promote digestion, and is a natural stimulant for fatigue and depression.
- It’s healthy.
- It’s gluten-free.
- It’s dairy-free.
- It’s sugar-free.
Leave a comment below and be sure to send me pictures @veggiecurean!