Green Goddess Juice
Why you’ll love this recipe
Kicking the day off with this quick, simple, and yummy Green Goddess Juice helps me to make healthier choices throughout the day. Not only is it packed with lots of vitamins, but it also gives me so much energy. I started making this juice over 10 years ago as a way for my kids to get extra nutrition throughout the day, today they still enjoy this healthy and vibrant Green Goddess Juice.
A meal prep hack to save some time is to prepare your vegetables and fruits by washing and cutting them ahead of time, just place them in an airtight container or mason jar overnight in the refrigerator. Because it is a simple two-step process even your kids can make it.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Here are the ingredients you will need to make the Best Green Goddess Juice.
- Celery- It adds a grassy flavor and is non-negotiable as it is packed with antioxidants anti-inflammatory properties and great for bone and body health.
- Cucumber- Refreshing flavor and loaded with vitamin K.
- Apple- Not only is it nutritious, but the sweetness from the apple enhances the flavors here.
- Leaves- Kale, lettuce, spinach, and parsley- Lending a peppery and earthy flavor, some of these greens are amongst the most nutritious greens and excellent for overall body and mind health.
If you don’t have everything on the ingredient list, here are a few substitutions you can make without sacrificing the good taste and vibrancy of this homemade Green Goddess Juice.
- If you don’t have green apples on hand, you can add any type of apple or pear. However, I love the tartness that a green apple adds to this juice.
- If you don’t have parsley, feel free to add cilantro to the juice.
- Celery, cucumber, kale, lettuce, and spinach should not be substituted in this nutritious and yummy Green Goddess Juice for ample vitamins.
How to make Green Goddess Juice?
Making this delicious and easy Green Goddess Juice is such an effortless and convenient way of getting a lot of nutrients in one glass. Here are the quick and simple steps!
Prepare fresh vegetables and fruits. Wash all vegetables and fruits well. Depending on the size of your juicer you may have to half some of your vegetables/fruits or cut them up in smaller chunks.
Time to juice. Using your juicer, juice all ingredients except for lime juice, chia seeds, and ginger.
Few more mix-ins and enjoy! Mix in lemon juice, chia seeds, ginger, and sea salt. Serve immediately for that fresh robust taste and a boost of energy.
This healthy Green Goddess Juice is a great way to get your micronutrients in and feel rejuvenated throughout the day but it is not recommended as a meal replacement. Here are a few accompaniments to your vibrant tasting juice.
- Avocado Chickpea Dip – With toasted pita or a slice of gluten-free toast
- The Best Vegan Egg Free Quiche – Just a slice will go perfectly with a glass of Green Goddess Juice
- Low Carb Chia Pudding Parfait – They’re delicious, healthy, satisfying, and super-easy to make.
Save some time and prepare your vegetables and fruits by washing and cutting them ahead of time, just place them in an airtight container or mason jar overnight in the refrigerator. You can store them for up to 3 days. You can also include your kids in meal prep.
- If you cut your apples ahead of time, squeeze about a teaspoon of lemon juice on top of it to prevent the apples from oxidizing and turning brown.
- It is best to drink this juice freshly made, but it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours in an airtight jar.
- It is not necessary to peel the cucumber, it can go right in the juicer.
- If you do not have a juicer, you can use the Vitamix, I like to strain the mixture from it otherwise the juice is a bit too thick.
- Adding parsley is a great nutritional addition to this juice.
- If you want to use the leftover pulp, here are some quick ways:
- Add in a smoothie for extra fiber
- Make a vegetable broth, just strain it after
- Add as a thickening agent in soup
- Great in vegan muffins
Storage and Reheating Green Goddess Juice
- This Green Goddess Juice tastes best when consumed fresh but if you manage to have leftovers or make extra, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- I do not recommend freezing this juice. The oxidation process reduces the nutrients from the ingredients, which is why it is most beneficial to enjoy this Green Goddess Juice fresh.
- It is best to enjoy this drink raw so there is no reheating option here.
- I like using green apples in this recipe but any type of apple or even pears will work well here.
- Arugula or microgreens are great vitamin additions as well here.
- Want some added protein, feel free to blend in a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter or plant-based protein powder.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Green Goddess Juice?
The popular Green Goddess Juice is a combination of apples, mangoes, kiwis, and spinach. In my opinion, it is too sweet, so in proper Shikha fashion, I experimented and came up with the perfect balance of sweet with The Best Green Goddess Juice.
What is the best juicer to make Green Goddess Juice?
I use a Hurom Juicer. However, you can use any vegetable juicer you can find, including the Vitamix. Here is a helpful article to help in finding the best juicer for you, 5 Best Juicers of 2023.
- Green Goddess Juice
- Avocado Chickpea Dip
- The Best Vegan Egg Free Quiche
- Low-Carb Chia Pudding Parfait
Green Goddess Juice
This yummy Green Goddess Juice is simple to make and packed with all the vitamins and nutrients needed to fuel your morning. Because it’s homemade, there is no need to guess what hidden chemicals and additives are in there, just deliciously fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 5 ribs celery
- 1 medium cucumber, halved
- 1 medium green apple, halved
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ inch ginger root, grated
- Sea salt
Wash all vegetables and fruits well. Depending on the size of your juicer you may have to half some of your vegetables/fruits or cut them up in chunks.
Using your juicer, juice all ingredients except for lime juice, chia seeds, and ginger.
Mix in lemon juice, chia seeds, ginger, and sea salt.