This no-cooking-required soup incorporates lots of kitchen garden ingredients and is perfect for hot summer evenings when you’d rather spend time outside than in the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 pounds plum or roma tomatoes (halved)
- 3 cucumbers (small, diced, divided)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (diced, plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (fruity/peppery is best, plus additional for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
In blender, blend tomatoes until roughly pureed, leaving little texture (no big pieces).
Add tomatoes to large mixing bowl or pot along with remaining ingredients, reserving bit of cucumber for garnish.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight if you have time.
Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with additional diced cucumber, chives, and olive oil.