Roasted Vegetable Polenta
Roasted Vegetables & Polenta
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 pound 5-inch-long young carrots (rinsed, scrubbed clean, patted dry, greens removed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 purple sweet potato (rinsed, scrubbed clean, patted dry, cut into small cubes)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped, divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, crushed)
- 10 ounces hearty mushrooms (hen of the wood)
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (rinsed, chopped)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup polenta or cornmeal
- Olives (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, mix together carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, garlic, 4 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon rosemary.
Line rimmed baking sheet with wax paper, then spread vegetables on sheet and bake vegetables for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add broccoli rabe and cook until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In medium saucepan, combine vegetable broth, water, coconut milk, and salt to taste, and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and slowly whisk in polenta or cornmeal, rosemary, and nutritional yeast.
Simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth, tender, and creamy (about 15-18 minutes).
Assemble roasted vegetables on large serving plate, adding polenta in middle.
Garnish with olives.