Dairy Free Vegan Avocado Dessert Recipe with Chocolate
So, if you are in a rush and need a fancy, decadent dessert, puddings are the absolute best to make. They only require a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand, they take little to no time, you can go fancy by serving in a cute dish or go casual in a bowl, decorate with your favorite toppings to diversify the textures and flavor of choice, and done! Now everyone thinks you worked on these all day…. I won’t tell! And if you feel super adventurous, have some extra tofu on hand, and not sure what to do with it, try this Chocolate Mousse Recipe, it’s a dessert alright, but it is an absolute crowd-pleaser that is SO high in protein and chocolatey satisfaction.
Dairy Free Vegan Avocado Dessert Recipe with Chocolate
This vegan avocado dessert recipe with chocolate is a dairy-free pudding and makes a delicious diabetic chocolate dessert. This avocado dessert is easy and no bake!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 large avocados (pits removed)
- 1 vanilla bean (split lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon coconut suguar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
With a spoon, scoop avocado flesh into a blender adding in vanilla bean seeds.
Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, coconut sugar, and salt. Blend to purée, be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender to get every bit.
The consistency should be smooth and creamy. If needed, add more orange juice or a little water.
Divide pudding among 8, 4-6 oz. ramekins or small bowls and chill uncovered for at least 2 hours until slightly firm.
Top with cocoa nibs and cover; continue to chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Pro Tips & Meal Prep Ideas for Avacado Desserts
- This is the perfect make-ahead dessert; it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you store it too long, the flavor of the avocado starts to come through.
- Need some other fun topping ideas… try using fresh fruit like strawberries or mangos, toasted coconut flakes or nuts like pistachios, for a satisfying crunch.
- Agave nectar is also a great diabetic-friendly alternative if you don’t have maple syrup on hand.
How Long Is Avacado Pudding Good For?
When determining how long to store your pudding, have a look at the ingredients and how perishable they may be. These yummy and decadent ramekins of art can last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, leaving any longer will start to change the flavoring a bit and the avocado flavor begins to become prominent. If you add fruits like raspberries, for example, they may maintain their pretty complexion for a couple of days before they start getting spots. So, it really depends on what additional toppings you chose to add.
How Do You Eat Avocado for Dessert?
Incorporating avocado in desserts has become a trend over the past few years. The reason is that it is very heart-healthy and works so seamlessly due to its smooth, silky, and firm consistency; they hold up so well! If you haven’t tried avocado dessert in any of these sweet dishes yet, give them a whirl and let me know what your favorites are.
- Smoothies (Mango, Peach)
- Brownies (Chocolate, Turtle)
- Pie (Key Lime, Chocolate)
- Cupcakes (Chocolate)
- Bread (Chocolate, Banana)
- Truffles (Dark Chocolate, Raspberry)
- Cookie Bars (Chocolate Chip)
- Shakes (Peanut Butter, Banana)
What Can I Do with One Avocado?
Avocados are one of my all-time favorite fruits! Yes, it is fruity, just to clarify. So, imagine the excitement of learning that I can make desserts with them. Not only are they super healthy for us, but the combination of these ingredients makes for the perfect diabetic-friendly dessert. Diabetes is very prominent in our society, there is not a person I know that doesn’t either have diabetes or know someone coping with this ailment. So being able to craft a recipe knowing that it will bring a smile to someone’s face without the thought of harming their body, makes my heart happy. One of the absolutely amazing things about this Avocado dessert is that it is adaptable to a variety of dietary needs; it is a dairy-free pudding that’s also gluten-free, vegan, and even egg-free!
Vegan Avocado Dessert Nutritional Information
There are a multitude of health benefits to this Chocolate Avocado Pudding if prepared as directed. Here are a few you can gain by using the ingredients in this dish:
- Avocados- Promotes healthy heart contraction and reduces high blood pressure. Contains a healthy dose of dietary fiber, which helps reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Check out some more health benefits of avocados here.
- Vanilla Bean- The vanillin, vanilla’s main chemical component can help lower the body’s cholesterol levels, which in turn can lower the risk of heart attack and stroke. It can also alleviate arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions. The antioxidants contained in the vanilla bean can help prevent cell and tissue breakdown, stimulate the body’s natural regrowth, and eliminate free radicals.
- Cocoa Powder- Contains flavonoids that work in tandem to relax blood vessels, lower blood pressure levels, and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It can also regulate cholesterol levels, is high in antioxidants, and can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Maple Syrup- Has a healthy dose of Zinc and Manganese which may protect and provide prevention against various cardiovascular disorders and boost the immune system. It can aid in a healthy reproductive system, particularly the prostate gland.
- Oranges- Contains Potassium, which supports heart function and muscle contractions, and it helps maintain muscle mass. It is also a natural diuretic, can aid in reducing blood pressure levels and counteract fluid retention. It has a healthy dose of folate which supports the brain and nervous system, and adequate amounts may help protect against depression and memory problems. The Vitamin C in oranges makes up about 80% of our daily intake goal which helps boost the immune system and can also help produce collagen and reduce inflammation.
- Coconut Sugar- Contains Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, and Zinc, which may help in improving gut health and slowing glucose absorption.
- Cocoa Nibs- Contains large doses of polyphenols. These antioxidants protect against heart disease and may improve cardiac health, regulating blood pressure levels, blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
- It’s healthy.
- It’s gluten-free.
- It’s vegan.
- It’s dairy-free.
- It’s diabetic-friendly
Leave a comment below and be sure to send me pictures @veggiecurean!